Sunday, March 1, 2009

Art Show #1

So I've just gotten home from my first official art show and my first official art show after party. What have I learned?

It is liberating to have sold a work of art. It is absolutely freeing to have someone purchase a piece of your soul. The piece of you that yearns to be observed and recognized has been paid to be appreciated, not just appreciated but rewarded simply for being itself.

I feel a great weight lifting from my shoulders. I've already "conquered" stage through my improvisation and now I've begun taking control of visual media.

Even the people that hated my work enthralled me. To see anyone look at what I made excited me to no end. I felt like the kindergartner(spelled wrong intentionally) who drew a picture of my parents and received the honor of having the picture placed on the fridge. I drank it all in.

I hate to tute my own horn but this blog forum allows me to gush and I must proclaim that I am enraptured with art and don't see myself leaving for a long time to come.

You can expect a few pictures in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment