Monday, March 23, 2009

State of the Blog

So I"m drinking a beer and regaling the days events with a bit of humor.

It started like any other Monday: got my laundry ready, got my clean clothes on, and went to Mom's to use the washer. Got there, loaded my laundry and set out to playing some Gang Garrison 2. After kicking some ass, the washer beeped and I went down to get my second load started.

Unfortunately, we seemed to be out of detergant and dryer sheets. No problem, I thought. I'll go to the nearest grocer and get some of each.

That did not work as I had left my wallet a half-hour away in my apartment. On top of this I had less than a quarter tank's of gas to get back to get it.

I drove very slowly to conserve gas and my car did make it. After filling up, I bolted back to the grocer nearest my mother's and bought some dryer sheets. At this point I got my second load in and started and proceded to fold my current load. Needless to say I was more than a bit annoyed.

I finished my laundry and drove home like a total asshole. Got here, unloaded my laundry and trudged home angrily. Upon reaching my door however I noticed a small yellow envelope.

I got inside and set my laundry down. Upon inspecting the package, I realized what I had gotten in my envelope!

awesomeWinner

A wonderful package from a wonderful man! Andrew Thompson has made some of the best music that has ever entered my ears and he had the good graces to send me a free copy of his album along with a note stating the fact that I had won it even though the contest had been during the Autumn of 2008.

Now, whether or not Andrew had enough people enter his contest or he just felt sorry for poor little Canton socialite, I am appreciative either way. Hopefully I will have video footage of myself performing his single We're in Business soon so I can send it to him. That way he will know how much his music means to this Ohio-bound nerd.

But beyond this, the blog...

The blog is going to be updated. I've recently run into some expenses and things that must be dealt with. I hope to have weekly updates sooner than later so the one or two people that read this won't be to disappointed.

I have recently sketched out a new piece that is yelling at me to paint it. Expect a WIP(work in progress) picture of it soon.

In the mean time go listen to Andrew Thompson! He is a story teller and a wonderful musician at that.

I'm drunk! Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment